Morning Affirmations

I have been waking up a lot the past couple weeks in an anxious state of mind. As soon as I open my eyes I start thinking about all the things I need to get done that day, about all the things I didn't get done the day before, and then get frustrated at myself that I didn't wake up earlier to get started. This has happened to me once in awhile when I have let my life get out of balance, most notably one winter when I was managing a busy restaurant. I had just been given a second restaurant to manage out of the blue, and the same day my assistant manager broke his leg in a skiing accident. I spent the next few months just holding it together, and I would wake up in the middle of the night suddenly in a panic with something I forgot to do or felt needed to be done and would have to write it down immediately.
I am nowhere near that now, but needless to say, this is no way to wake up regardless! Like I said a while back in this post, I have been reading a book that promotes positive, "prosperous" thinking as a way to bring the best into your life. One way I am going to start doing this is with a morning affirmation. Probably half of you are out there nodding your head and saying DUH Kristin, we all do this, you are way late to the whole morning game here you dum-dum. But I am giving it a try! There are a TON if ideas for affirmations to choose from online, but my favorite were these from Prolific Living.

8 Affirmations to Say Every Morning before Getting Up

1. I am feeling healthy and strong today.
2. I have all that I need to make this a great day of my life.
3. I have all the information I need to solve any challenges that come up today.
4. I have the knowledge to make smart decisions for myself today.
5. I make the right choices all day using my inner wisdom.
6. I am happy and content with my life.
7. I am patient and calm and greet the day with ease.
8. I am filled with gratitude and kindness for another day on this earth.

I'm going to print them out and put them by my bathroom mirror so I see them first thing every morning. If anyone has had success with these let me know, I am excited to try it out. Hopefully it turns out like THIS haha.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

OldSchoolSwank © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger