Weekend Recap : Half Marathon and Besties

Morning stretch
Nervous walk in!
This weekend was the Unplugged Half Marathon that I have been blabbing about for the past few months. My sister Kelly and I were lucky enough to grow up with another pair of sisters our same age who were our best friends, and remain our best friends today. They came up to run the half marathon with us for a little "girls weekend", and it was such a great time having the four of us together (a rare occurence). We all stayed at my house, had a little get together afterwards with some great food, and watched a chick flick with mimosas that night while we iced our knees. Let me just say, ouch. I am so proud of us all though, each one of us ran the whole thing without stopping to walk once. Although two hours and twenty minutes is not a record breaking time by any means, if you had asked me three months ago if I could have run that long without stopping, I would have said no freakin way. It feels really great to have set a goal and accomplished it. It also feels great now to sit on the couch with a glass of wine and move as little as possible. Hope your weekend was great!
More pictures after the jump >

trying to get Kelly's number pinned to her back
before picture!
praying to make it through haha
team huddle
our numbers
the start!
can you spot me?
Lauren and Suz finishing! (they beat us by a longgg shot)
sisters : )
our finish! Kelly is psyched
the finish line
besties hug!
so happy we're done
after picture
the husband was proud of me : )
gatorade never tasted so good
or burgers...
or beer...


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

OldSchoolSwank © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger